Fall Semester Updates from Chancellor Gaber
Due to the decline of COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations in our county and state, and the distribution of the COVID-19 vaccination, we are hopeful for a return to full operations in fall 2021. Here is what what we are planning and what you can expect:
- Face-to-face classes will resume at pre-pandemic levels.
- Our residence halls will be at full occupancy.
- Employees will return to their offices, and all campus services will be offered in person.
- All buildings and facilities will return to regular capacity, including dining and recreational options.
- We plan to once again welcome spectators at Charlotte 49ers events, though the exact capacity is still being determined with the state.
SPRING SEMESTER UPDATES FROM CHANCELLOR GABER
In consideration of all facts and feedback, and in consultation with UNC System President Peter Hans and public health officials, we made the following adjustments to our spring semester with the health of our campus and larger community as our guiding principle.
- On Feb. 22, classes scheduled to be hybrid or face-to-face this semester began meeting on campus and will continue to meet in-person for the remainder of the semester. All other classes will continue in online/remote delivery.
- Classes will end as planned on May 5, with exams beginning May 7.
- Friday, April 30, will once again be a day of remembrance for our community, and no classes will be held. More information on events for that day will be shared later this semester.
- There will be no classes during the week of Feb. 8-12, and classes will resume online/remotely from Feb. 15-19.
- For undergraduate students, there will be no assignments due or tests administered Feb. 18 and 19.
- Any undergraduate student who must miss class Feb. 18 or 19 to move into a residence hall will have their absence excused. Housing and Residence Life will provide verification as necessary.
- Academic Affairs provided more information on this directly to faculty members.
Testing, Health and Safety
Information about the University's expectations regarding the COVID-19 vaccine, along with additional vaccine resources and a fact vs. fiction section can be found online.
We are committed to updating you as quickly as we can, and we have planned a town hall to provide you with more information as we work through this situation together.
- Did you miss the Employee Town Hall on Thursday, March 11? If so, you can watch it here.
Our work is grounded by our mission as a University and our care for one another.
- The health and wellbeing of our campus community are our top priorities, and we will make decisions grounded in facts and informed by the guidance of public health experts.
- We are redefining the “new norm” for successful campus life, at least temporarily. We do this knowing the actions we take today will secure a stronger, vibrant tomorrow for Niner Nation, a community united in our shared purpose and desire for a meaningful future.
- We are committed to preserving the rich learning environment that is a hallmark of the UNC Charlotte experience, even when it is delivered online.
- Every student and employee is part of the larger “WE” that makes up Niner Nation. What affects one of us affects all of us. We must assign value to the wellbeing of those around us to foster a caring environment and place of belonging for all members of our community.
This website is the information source for the academic year. Please check back frequently to stay informed about how WE will create a successful academic year for Niner Nation.
COMMITMENT TO ACCESSIBILITY
The University is committed to providing a welcoming, accessible environment for all faculty, staff, students and visitors. Our Guidance Involving People with Disabilities offers additional information.
We know you have a lot of questions about returning to campus this fall. Check out these FAQs on what you can expect when you come back to UNC Charlotte. If you do not see your question answered here, please fill out this form. We will use your questions to inform additions to the FAQ.