Fall Semester Updates from Chancellor Gaber
Due to the decline of COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations in our county and state, and the distribution of the COVID-19 vaccination, we are hopeful for a return to full operations in fall 2021. Here is what what we are planning and what you can expect:
- Face-to-face classes will resume at pre-pandemic levels.
- Our residence halls will be at full occupancy.
- Employees will return to their offices, and all campus services will be offered in person.
- All buildings and facilities will return to regular capacity, including dining and recreational options.
- We plan to once again welcome spectators at Charlotte 49ers events, though the exact capacity is still being determined with the state.
Information about the University's expectations regarding the COVID-19 vaccine, along with additional vaccine resources and a fact vs. fiction section can be found online.
Our work is grounded by our mission as a University and our care for one another.
- The health and wellbeing of our campus community are our top priorities, and we will make decisions grounded in facts and informed by the guidance of public health experts.
- We are redefining the “new norm” for successful campus life, at least temporarily. We do this knowing the actions we take today will secure a stronger, vibrant tomorrow for Niner Nation, a community united in our shared purpose and desire for a meaningful future.
- We are committed to preserving the rich learning environment that is a hallmark of the UNC Charlotte experience, even when it is delivered online.
- Every student and employee is part of the larger “WE” that makes up Niner Nation. What affects one of us affects all of us. We must assign value to the wellbeing of those around us to foster a caring environment and place of belonging for all members of our community.
This website is the information source for the academic year. Please check back frequently to stay informed about how WE will create a successful academic year for Niner Nation.
COMMITMENT TO ACCESSIBILITY
The University is committed to providing a welcoming, accessible environment for all faculty, staff, students and visitors. Our Guidance Involving People with Disabilities offers additional information.
We know you have a lot of questions about returning to campus this fall. Check out these FAQs on what you can expect when you come back to UNC Charlotte. If you do not see your question answered here, please fill out this form. We will use your questions to inform additions to the FAQ.