revised Spring 2021 academic calendar
The Faculty Council recently approved the revised spring 2021 academic calendar. These changes were again made with the health and well-being of our campus as our top priorities.
Read Chancellor Gaber's full message on the Revised Spring 2021 Academic Calendar.
Update on Fall Semester
After careful consideration of available data and consultation with both county health officials and the UNC System, UNC Charlotte will:
- Resume select in-person instruction on Oct. 1 in specific areas of academic study and for those students making a transition to University life.
- Move to all online/remote classes following the Thanksgiving break, including the delivery of all exams.
The ongoing decline in Mecklenburg County’s infection rate, coupled with UNC Charlotte’s comprehensive safety protocols, allows the University to move forward with a measured approach to on-campus living, learning and working this fall semester.
Chancellor Gaber answers some of your questions about the upcoming fall semester:
Our work is grounded by our mission as a University and our care for one another.
- The health and wellbeing of our campus community are our top priorities, and we will make decisions grounded in facts and informed by the guidance of public health experts.
- We are redefining the “new norm” for successful campus life, at least temporarily. We do this knowing the actions we take today will secure a stronger, vibrant tomorrow for Niner Nation, a community united in our shared purpose and desire for a meaningful future.
- We are committed to preserving the rich learning environment that is a hallmark of the UNC Charlotte experience, even when it is delivered online.
- Every student and employee is part of the larger “WE” that makes up Niner Nation. What affects one of us affects all of us. We must assign value to the wellbeing of those around us to foster a caring environment and place of belonging for all members of our community.
This website is the information source for our plan for fall 2020. Please check back frequently to stay informed about how WE will create a successful academic year for Niner Nation.
COMMITMENT TO ACCESSIBILITY
The University is committed to providing a welcoming, accessible environment for all faculty, staff, students and visitors. Our Guidance Involving People with Disabilities offers additional information.
We know you have a lot of questions about returning to campus this fall. Check out these FAQs on what you can expect when you come back to UNC Charlotte. If you do not see your question answered here, please fill out this form. We will use your questions to inform additions to the FAQ.