UNC CHARLOTTE STUDENT EMERGENCY FUND
- The UNC Charlotte Student Emergency Fund helps by providing financial support when you need assistance with unexpected, unforeseen and unavoidable emergency expenses, including pandemics. Currently-enrolled students can apply for the UNC Charlotte Student Emergency Fund here.
- For those who are able, there is still time to make a donation to the Student Emergency Fund. To date, the University has awarded more than $333,000 to approximately 900 students thanks to the generosity of donors. However, more than 700 additional students have requested support from the fund. All donations go to meeting that need.
CARES Act Funding
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act provided approximately $12 million in funding to UNC Charlotte for distribution to qualifying undergraduate and graduate students to help cover expenses related to the disruption of spring 2020 campus operations due to COVID-19. The CARES Act also provided approximately $13.2 million in funding to the University to partially offset the costs associated with significant changes to the delivery of instruction due to COVID-19 (Institutional Portion and Strengthening Institutions Program). This funding was allocated in accordance with guidelines and requirements provided by the U.S. Department of Education.
CARES Act Reporting and Disclosure
- UNC Charlotte acknowledges it signed and returned to the U.S. Department of Education the Certification and Agreement on April 13, 2020, and gives the assurance that UNC Charlotte has used or intends to use no less than 50% of the funds received under section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- UNC Charlotte has received $12,155,279 from the Department of Education to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- As of September 25, 2020, UNC Charlotte has distributed $11,837,911 as CARES Act Emergency Grants to 9,394 students.
- The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, is 20,446.
- The instructions, directions, and guidance provided by UNC Charlotte to all students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants were sent via University email and published on this website.